Putting rural issues in focus
RMC SA/NT is a non-political, non-profit organisation which provides a forum for discussing issues vital to rural South Australia and the Northern Territory.
Who we are
With a membership of more than 140, RMC SA/NT is one of the largest media associations in Australia.
Previously known as the Rural Media Association of SA (RMSA), we have been operating since 1970.
We're managed by a committee of volunteers, elected at an annual general meeting held every August.
RMC SA/NT is affiliated with other state-based rural journalist organisations in NSW, Victoria, Queensland and WA and is a member of the Australian Council of Agricultural Journalists (ACAJ) and the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ).
If you are involved with, or just have a keen interest in, any aspect of rural life or farming in South Australia or the Northern Territory, you should join this vital network.
- Journalists and photographers from metropolitan and regional media organisations.
- Communications specialists, in the government and private sectors.
- State and Federal politicians and ministerial media advisers.
- Senior executive and communication experts from organisations such as PIRSA, SA Farmers Federation, SA Dairy Farmers Association.
- Researchers and technical advisers in government and industry.
- Representatives of leading national private and government financial institutions.
- Leading primary producers.
What we do
- At least three times a year we hold events – breakfast, lunch and evening functions – which provide an opportunity to hear from engaging speakers and discuss the issues facing rural and regional Australia.
- The annual Royal Show Breakfast at the Adelaide Showground is a highlight of our RMC SA/NT year.
- We provide valuable early career encouragement with a student bursary and a Young Rural/Regional Development Award.
- We organise and judge the annual SA & NT Rural Media Awards. The prestigious awards are generously supported by our sponsors and provide valuable recognition for the best in journalism, photography and communication.
- The status of Rural Media Icon is determined by the RMC Committee and is awarded for the outstanding long term contribution to the communication of agricultural and rural issues.
- RMC SA/NT recognises contributions to our association and the rural sector with Honorary Life Memberships.